Friday 16 January 2015

colin price, images from Ireland

Hi all,
First of all I would like to dedicate this blog to my 'cyber' friend, Lisa Dorenfest. Without her encouragement and support I would not have become involved with the world of blogging, ( web site will follow soon Lisa )
The last post that I received from Lisa was that she was on her way to New Zealand, South Island on board the sailing boat Amandla, 'living her dream'. I hope you like the supporting image Lisa.

Last march my best pal Joy and I visited Dublin for the Six Nations rugby football tournament, Wales versus Ireland. Whilst there, we decided to board the local train and head towards the east coast.
We disembarked  at a town named Bray. What a stunning location.
It was advertised as 'the gateway to the Garden of Ireland' and boasts the longest established seaside town in Ireland. Apparently the writer and author James Joyce spent his childhood in this town.
I turned to my best pal and proudly said that we have come across the most charming town in Ireland and on our return to Wales, would brag that we were probably one of the very few from our country to set foot on its land.
Shortly after I said this, we noticed a row of three coaches parked alongside a string of hotels which were facing the sea. As we approached the coaches a person with a Welsh accent shouted towards the coaches from the hotel entrance and all of a sudden it was as if the whole of Wales disembarked from the coaches singing the Welsh National anthem.
It seems we were not the first  Welsh people to have landed in Bray!
The image that supports this blog is in the next town to Bray called Greystones. My pal and I walked through Bray until we reached Greystones marina. From the quayside I noticed that a row of sailing boats blended in well with the light blue sky and there were a number of various  bright colours within them.
 I called the image 'pole to pole'
               

No comments:

Post a Comment